What is the KPI Trends report?
This report allows you to see how your organisation is performing against your specified KPIs over time.
How do I access this report?
This screen can be reached by hovering on ‘KPI’ in the side menu, and choosing 'Trends' from the options that appear:
How do I use this report?
You can use the trend chart on this screen to assess KPI performance over time, for the date range that you have selected:
You can also use console filters to further refine your results.
What you see on this graph is governed by your selections in the 'Selected Key Driver' and 'Selected Data Type' dropdowns.
1. The 'Selected Key Driver' dropdown allows you to select which metric you would like to use to drive the chart:
The Key Drivers that are available to select in this dropdown are the same KPIs that are set up on the My Pins page. These are set up for you by ServiceTick when you join us, and can be added to or amended as required.
2. The 'Selected Data Type' dropdown refers to the filter values that you would like to compare on the chart, using the Key Driver that you have selected:
This dropdown presents you with each of your parent filter nodes, as well as a 'Pinned Data' option, which will use the filter nodes you currently have configured as Pins to drive the chart.
Once you have made these selections, click thebutton to load the chart.
What does this report show me?
- Each line on the chart represents a filter node (either each of your Pins or each child node of the parent you have selected)
- The x-axis indicates the currently selected time intervals (either days, weeks, or months)
- The y-axis indicates the scores for each filter node based on your chosen Key Driver
This data will also be summarised in a data table below the chart.
What else can I do with this report?
Once the chart has loaded, you can change the time intervals that are used via the Days/Weeks/Months button above the chart:
Changing this option will reload the chart with your new selection.
You can also customise the chart to only display data for filter nodes of your choosing. This can be done using the chart Legend. Clicking on a value in the Legend omits that plot point from the chart, and clicking it again adds it back in:
If you hover on a plot point, the chart will show you the exact scores for each filter node for that point in time:
And if you would like to export the chart, export the data table or print the page, this can be done via the 'Actions' button at the top right of the page:
Ready to put this into practice?