The ServiceTick Data Importer provides the following:
- Ability to create new transactions in the ServiceTick reporting console from 3rd party data
(for example you can import feedback response data collected outside of ServiceTick so that all your feedback data is reportable in the ServiceTick console).
- Ability to append additional data to existing responses
(for example you can add additional meta data or analysis to existing survey responses that can not be passed to us during survey initiation).
- Ability to update existing filter values
(for example if for any reason the wrong filter is applied to a transaction this can be amended accordingly).
We will configure the console to process your data and will create new responses or update existing responses based on the data uploaded.
High level process
- If you would like to use the ServiceTick Data Importer please speak to your Account Manager as a first step.
- Once your data import requirements are confirmed we will configure a sFTP or S3 location to upload your data to (this is a one off task).
- You can then create your data file to the required format in preparation for upload.
- Finally you can upload your file and the changes outlined will be made.
CSV format overview
We will discuss with you during the requirements phase the exact columns that are required in the data file. The format will need to be CSV. The following are high level points around this:
- When updating existing transactions we recommend first exporting data from ServiceTick using the response export or a scheduled export to form the basis of your CSV data file to import. This will ensure you have all the Transaction IDs needed to update existing responses, and all the columns required to create new responses.
- This CSV file can then be updated with additional columns for new custom data values or filters.
- New rows can be added for brand new responses. You can also update any of the existing custom data values, or filters in the data that has been exported, allowing for data amendments to be made in bulk.
- We will provide secure access to either our sFTP or S3 location for you to upload your CSV file. Once uploaded, the CSV file will automatically process and your data will start to be updated and created.
- There is no limit to the number of files that can be processed and we can set up multiple processes so different files can be uploaded simultaneously to perform different functions.
- This process can not be used to update the responses to survey questions.